Call Us: (205) 322-2526
612 32nd Street South, Birmingham, Alabama 35233
Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I move in?
- If there is a storage space available that meets your specific storage needs, you can move in anytime.
- How much notice needs to be given before I move out?
- We require a 10 day notice before the move out date.
- What type of documentation do I need to provide in order to rent a space?
- We require a government issued ID (example: driver’s license, state id, or passport).
- Do I need to sign a long-term lease?
- No, we rent on a month-to-month basis with billing due on the 1st. Please note that the move in is prorated, but not the move out; therefore it benefits you to arrange your move out near the end of the month to maximize your rental.
- Does there have to be someone in the office to let me through the security gates or into the building where my unit is located?
- Here at Lakeview Self Storage, we are staffed during access hours so that we will always be onsite to assist you.
- How do I make a payment?
- You can pay in person, mail a check, make a payment through our website or over the phone. You may also sign up to have payments automatically charged to a credit card of your choosing.
- What forms of payments do you accept?
- Cash, Check, Money Orders, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Do you sell boxes and storage supplies?
- Yes. We sell various moving supplies in our office.
- How do I know how much storage space I will need?
- You can either use our Storage Calculator on our website or call us for assistance.
- Do I need to bring my own lock?
- Though it is each tenant's responsibility to securely lock their unit, we offer locks for sale incase you need to purchase one.
- Are there any items that I am NOT able to store?
- Liquids, Explosives, Flammable liquids, Toxic materials, Biological Contaminants, and Perishables. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding a specific item.
- What are the hours of operation?
- Office and Unit Access hours: Monday - Friday: 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM; Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Please note that we are closed on Sunday and for New Year's Eve and Day, Easter Weekend, Memorial Day, July the 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and December 24th - 26th.
- How do I rent a unit or contact outside normal office hours?
- Call the office phone number and we will return your voicemail as soon as possible, or at a specific time you request in the future. Also you can email us any time, we would be glad to discuss your storage needs and see if our services can be of assistance.